Jennie Lena stands out! She’s real, raw, funny and you can feel her strength and her sensitivity both on and off stage.
Soaring vocals that are powerful yet delicate, hosting great depth coming straight from the heart.
She grew up in a family of musicians: from her great grandfather to her parents; They all sang and played an instrument.
From every room of the house you could hear different musical styles emerging.
Now Jennie breathes new life into the diverse musical styles she grew up with and loves: Soul, Blues, R&B, Funk, HipHop and Gospel.
This Amsterdam-based gem is blessed with an outstanding voice and a natural gift for songwriting.
She’s is a distinctively emotive artist combining timeless music with her own contemporary twist, constantly walking the line between pain and hope.
Her definitive breakthrough happened when she auditioned at ‘The Voice of Holland’ in 2015.
Her ‘blind audition’ song ‘Who’s Loving You’ instantly went viral, drawing attention all over the globe.
Jennie’s rendition of ‘Who’s Loving You’ has now been watched over 30 million times, with the view count increasing daily.
The world’s most popular music blogger Perez Hilton said: “It wasn’t only the best audition for ‘the Voice’, it was one of the BEST auditions I’ve EVER seen for a singing competition. Jennie is 1 of my favourite vocalists ever!”
NEW UPCOMING ALBUM
Jennie’s new album is called ‘To Be Honest’ and will be released October 12th 2018.
On this album she deftly blends classic soul, blues, gospel choruses and sumptuously recorded acoustic instruments with 90’s hip-hop beats.
She wrote, recorded, produced and coproduced most of the album in New York, L.A and Amsterdam.
10 songs, 10 stories: “Each song represents a personal theme and battle that I’ve traversed or am still confronted with.”
The struggle of growing up, self-esteem, motherhood, pain, love, change, death and consolation, but most of all they are about honesty and self-love.
Jennie follows her own bumpy road and as one of her musical heroes (Stevie Wonder) once said: “My goal is to use the gift that I was given for the betterment of humankind.”
- “Jennie is one of my favourite vocalists ever” - Perez Hilton
- “Jennie is best described as raw, pure and playful.” - MusicMaker
- “Just the right swagger to completely own her performance.” - Huffington Post
- “Holy Shit, What a voice.” - 9Gag
- “Jennie is not only known for the beauty of her voice but also for her free, natural, sensitive and powerful expression.” - Nu.nl
- “Jennie Lena puts a spell on you with her voice and performance.” - 3 voor 12
- “Jennie captivates the hearts of the audience with her personality, sense of humor and enthusiasm.” - AD Newspaper